CONNECT WITH ME ON:
This box is made using a traditional origami technique for making a masu box. I adapted it to add a lining to the box and ribbon and a heart embellishment. I used 21×21 cm (8 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches) size paper to create a box 7.5 x 7.5 cm (3 x 3 inches) in size, but you could use any size of paper for a bigger or smaller box.
You will need
- 2 square pieces of paper 21x21cm (8 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches), or you can use any size for a larger or smaller box
- thin card, cut to fit base and lid of box (optional)
- glue (optional)
- ribbon and embellishment (optional), I bought my embellishments from Hobbycraft
Make the lid:
1. Repeat up to step 2. For step 3, do not bring the lower edge to the centre of the paper, but stop about 3mm/1/4 in short, leaving the tip of the centre flap still in view.
2. After you’ve folded the four edges, make sure the lid will fit around the base by placing the base in the centre and refolding the edges to see how they fit.
3. Finish the lid in exactly the same way as the base.
Optional: Glue a square piece of card to the inside centre of the base and lid of the box to strengthen it. Tie with ribbon or cord to finish.