This is a must for dog lovers. Make a cute dog greetings card in 10 minutes. It’s so easy and you can personalise it as you wish. This dog likes to strum a guitar, but you could make him holding a heart with a greeting.
You will need:
- I bought my materials from Hobbycraft who are based in the UK
- click here to download the free dog card template. (This template is for personal use only.)
- craft papers of your choice (I used plain yellow and red, red polka dot, red and yellow check)
- glue stick
- craft foam sticky pads
- bradawl and cutting mat
- plastic eye
- black pen
- card blank and envelope (I used A6 size)
How to make the dog greetings card in 6 easy steps
1. Download the free dog card template.
2. Cut out the body in yellow, the guitar in red, the paws in yellow check, the tail in red polka dot, the ears in red check and the collar in red, or use any colour of your choice.
3. Using a glue stick, glue the collar to the body, the ears behind the head, the tail behind the body and using a craft foam sticky pad, stick the guitar to the body.
4. Line up the arms so the dog looks like he’s holding the guitar. Using a bradawl on a cutting mat, make holes through the top of the arms and through the body. Insert brads through the holes that you just made, securing them at the back. The dog now has moveable arms.
5. Cut out a red circle of paper and glue an eye on top of it. Glue it to the dog’s head. With a black pen, draw a mouth.
6. To finish, glue the dog to the card blank.