These cute little Christmas socks double as Christmas card and tree decorations. Detach from the card and pop on your tree.
CONNECT WITH ME ON:
Step-by-step instructions for making a Christmas sock card
You will need:
felt in various colours
1. Draw a template of a sock, or download a free template from the internet and cut it out.
2. Choose felt that is the right size for your template and draw two sock shapes onto it. Cut them out.
3. Create a cuff for your sock. Draw onto card to create a template that is slightly larger than the top of your sock and cut it out.
4. Draw around the cuff template onto felt in a contrasting colour and cut out a cuff.
5. Stitch blanket stitch around the sock. Take the needle from the front to the back of the felt and before you bring out the needle, wrap of loop of thread around it. Bring out the needle in the middle of the loop you’ve created before pulling it tighter. Do the same again, taking the needle from the front to the back, half a cm or quarter of an inch away from the stitch you’ve just made.
6. When you’ve stitched all around the sock, attach the cuff to the top of the front edge of the sock with blanket stitch.
7. Tie a knot at the end of the sock and then create a loop in the embroidery thread.
8. Decorate the sock with snowflakes. Add an initial of the person you are going to send the card to and Merry Christmas to the top of the card.
9. Attach the sock to the card using Velcro, so that it can be removed and used as a Christmas decoration. You can also put a sweet or small piece of candy inside the sock.