In my previous post, I showed how to paint a butterfly, in this post I show how to draw one using coloured pencils over a background of random stamped images for an interesting effect.
Bring the spirit of the butterfly into your life, have a go at drawing one yourself.
For the complete art sketchbook playlist go here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBioHp3TMFSOwRpHA4_f_zy6-chFhseXC
CONNECT WITH ME ON:
You will need:
- click here to download a butterfly outline template (This template is for personal use only)
- artists sketchbook stamps and an ink pad
- coloured pencils
- white gouache
- fine paint brush
1. To create the background, use a stamp and inkpad to stamp random shapes on the paper.
2. Use a template as a guide, or draw an outline of the butterfly freehand onto the background using coloured pencils.
3. Add highlights with gouache.