If you are creating a recipe journal for yourself or a loved one, then adding a contents page to look like a chalkboard recipe list will give it a retro look and also make it practical to use.
CONNECT WITH ME ON:
For the complete playlist of my recipe journal go here: Recipe Journal YouTube playlist
Step-by-step instructions for making a chalkboard recipe list
1. Cover the background with chalkboard paint. Leave to dry. Don’t worry too much about the edges being too neat.
2. Draw in a pencil outline of your design.
3. Trace over it with a white gel pen. Create dotted lines and leave spaces to add the recipes.
4. I created three contents pages with a similar design: Drinks, Tasty Dishes and Sugar and Spice
5. Erase the pencil lines and rub over the white gel pen to give it a chalky effect. The contents pages are now ready for adding the names of the recipes.